We at Yara are part of a global network, collaborating to profitably solve some of the world's key challenges - resource scarcity, food insecurity and environmental change.
About the Unit
Yara Production is responsible for large-scale production in Yara, with 30 sites in 16 countries across the world, providing the foundation for Yara’s fertilizer and industrial solutions. The Segment has 8000 employees and is responsible for more than NOK 100 billion of invested capital. Yara Production is currently rolling out one of the most ambitious transformation and improvement programs in the history of Norwegian industry. We are implementing a LEAN based productivity system (YPS) focused on transforming the way we work and to leverage our broad knowledge base and competencies to generate ideas and translate them into long term value creations. The effort is spearheaded by the Productivity and YPS unit, a part of the Yara Production Business Segment.
We are currently looking for a Reliability expert to strengthen our Productivity and YPS organization. You will work with a dedicated team of LEAN experts and be a part of the YPS roll-out effort in Yara Production. The position reports to the Head of YPS.
The right candidate is a high performing individual with experience from reliability improvements, preferably from multinational industrial companies or consulting. Team player with strong business judgment, drive and “can do attitude” is important for us. For the right candidate we offer a dynamic environment, senior management exposure, exciting responsibilities and good career development opportunities.
- Lead the development and implementation of reliability as part of Yara Productivity System;
- Train and coach local plant organisations to build capability for reliability and assist the global change team in building continuous improvement competence;
- Working with and in a team of experienced experts at the plants to increase speed of improvements in reliability;
- Act as single contact point for technical issues related to reliability at plants, ensuring best utilisation of technical resources in the company;
- Run technical networks and execute prioritised support to the sites on reliability;
- Best practice(s) identification and sharing across Yara;
- Assist plants and PRO management in identifying improvement initiatives;
- Lead and participate in specific Production improvement projects and processes;
- Contribute in the continuous development of Yara Productivity System;
- Can be located in anywhere in Europe with frequent travel.
- Master degree or similar preferably in chemistry, chemical engineering, mechanical engineering or similar;
- 10 Years of relevant operational experience in preferably a wide range of production units with focus on reliability and process optimization;
- Experience from management of reliability in large industrial companies;
- Good knowledge of RCPS, FMEA, Predictive maintenance and other reliability related tools;
- Experience from Industry 4.0, advanced analytics or big data will be considered a benefit;
- Excellent academic and professional performance;
- Strong safety and reliability mindset;
- Strong coaching, people management and communication skills. Open, available and positive attitude and ability to interact well in different cultures;
- Structured individual with strong analytical abilities and problem solving skills, as well as the ability to think holistically to “see the big picture”;
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills. Fluency in English is required;
- Ability to challenge established practices and processes when required;
- Positive to work and travel in an international and high paced environment.
Yara’s global business requires cultural awareness and understanding. The company supports diversity in gender, cultural and ethnic background. These positions give possibilities for challenging tasks and international development opportunities. If you would like to work in a global business environment we look forward to receiving your application.