We at Yara are part of a global network, collaborating to profitably solve some of the world's key challenges - resource scarcity, food insecurity and environmental change.
About the Unit
Yara´s knowledge, products and solutions grow farmers', distributors' and industrial customers' businesses profitably and responsibly, while protecting the earth's resources, food and environment.
Our fertilizers, crop nutrition programs and technologies increase yields, improve product quality and reduce the environmental impact of agricultural practices. Our industrial and environmental solutions improve air quality by reducing emissions from industry and transportation, and serve as key ingredients in the production of a wide range of goods. We foster a culture that promotes the safety of our employees, contractors and societies.
Founded in 1905 to solve emerging famine in Europe, today, Yara has a worldwide presence, with more than 12,000 employees and sales to more than 150 countries.
Lead Inspection Engineer
This residential role heads an Inspection team charged with executing inspection, quality assurance/quality control, NDT testing supervision and engineering activities to ensure that all process facilities are in safe condition and in accordance with good engineering practice and standard codes. . The role is heavily oriented towards formulating and implementing Company's inspection strategies and projects to support the organizational goals towards optimization of resources, reliability and safety
As key part of the Operations team, your primary responsibilities will be:
- Plan, lead and organise the activities of the Inspection team to ensure the Company's inspection plans, procedures and programs are met through the optimisation and efficient utilisation of available manpower
- Prepare and manage Inspection teams annual plans and budgets..
- Develop and monitor the implementation of inspection programs, policies, procedures, standards and methodologies.
- Develop and maintain inspection programs for relevant plant equipment; execute the programmed inspection in accordance with valid procedures and instructions; evaluate the results and finalise the status of the equipment.
- Contribute to the development of new equipment specially with regards to material, welding and quality control requirements.
- Establish protective contracts with external inspection and NDT contractors and evaluate their performance against specifications.
- Liaise closely with other plant Departments concerning inspection planning and execution.
- Bachelor's degree in mechanical or metallurgical engineering preferably master's degree in welding and/or corrosion engineering..
- Minimum 10 years relevant experience in an inspection and/or engineering environment related to static equipment for (petro)chemical plants.
- Certified API Inspector for static equipment and piping or Certified IWE with at least 5 years of inspection experience or equivalent to one of the both above mentioned.
- Experience with ISO 9000 quality systems, implementation and maintaining
- Experience in leading an inspection team.
- Ideal candidate will have exposure/expertise in RBI
- Knowledge of ASME/API standards related to static equipment, piping and storage tanks.
- Knowledge of Australian/International Safety and Pressure Equipment Standards.
- Understanding of Engineering and Statutory requirements for Chemical Plants.
- Knowledge of SAP or equivalent Computerized Management System.
- Planning, Budgeting and Cost Control processes.
- Global knowledge of NDT techniques, including advanced techniques like TOFD, Phased Array, Remote Field Eddy Current.
This position is residential to Karratha, housing and relocation assistance is offered.