We at Yara are part of a global network, collaborating to profitably solve some of the world's key challenges - resource scarcity, food insecurity and environmental change.
About the Unit
The Ammonia and Nitric Acid Technology department, based in the Yara Technology centre in Porsgrunn, supports Yara’s fertilizer plants around the world. To support Yara’s growth strategy we are engaged in the development of new catalysts and new processes for both ammonia and nitric acid production.
You will have the opportunity to work in a multinational team of dynamic and skilled people in a growth environment.
We are currently developing a new methodology for laboratory characterization of catalyst pellets.
- Prepare samples
- Use the new test method to measure the catalytic activity of the exposed samples
- Analyze the obtained data
- Interpret and report the results
- The student should be in at least his/her 3rd year, ideally coming into the last year of study after the summer internship
- The student should have a chemical or materials science background. Knowledge of catalysts or materials characterisation will be an advantage
- Good practical laboratory skills
- Prepared to work independently – with focus on HSE
- Fluent in English and Norwegian
Starting period from the middle of June for a duration of 8 weeks.
The Summer Internship will be based in Porsgrunn, Norway.